Author Archive

July 1, 2012

Countdown Conundrum (SZS 292)

by suimasenscans

Hey everyone,

sorry for yet another period of absence, but people are generally being sus and doing stuff. This is seriously hindering our output, and is upsetting our chronology.

Either way, we can put our Pokémon games down and present you Chapter 292 of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. In this chapter, Sensei decides to reenact the following sketch:

He also decides to drop a few hints towards the ending, which is only a few chapters left!

>>Stop reading blog, start reading chapter here!<<

[Translator: Umin; Typesetter: Wutz; Proofreader: IO]

-Wutz

June 21, 2012

The Epitome of Femininity (Hokkenshitsu 10)

by suimasenscans

I’ll sue you!

Sacchan is having an identity crisis. It comes as a shock to her that the girls have mistaken her for a boy for the last nine chapters. She doesn’t feel feminine enough, and each of the girls has a different idea of what it means to be feminine…

>> Get Hokkenshitsu 10 here <<

[Translator: Umin; Typesetter: Oyashiro; Proofreader: Slyborg]

Now that I’m done with catching up with Hokkenshitsu, I’ll stop torturing myself with cleaning and typesetting 12 pages a night for 4 nights out of the last week. I think I’m probably well on my way to developing carpal-tunnel typesetting on this laptop. Other stuff soon, I need some serious sleep.

Oyashiro

June 21, 2012

Trauma Center – Under the Genki (Hokkenshitsu 9)

by suimasenscans

Rampant lesbianism among the younger generation is one reason for the declining birthrate in Japan.

So, as it turns out, Seto-chin wasn’t always the way she is now. In fact, she only became the school’s resident genki girl about a year ago, after a mysterious incident…

>> Hokkenshitsu 9 is here <<

[Translator: Umin; Typesetter: Oyashiro; Proofreader: Bulan]

It’s nice to catch back up on a series you’ve fallen three months behind on. The script for chapter 10 is sitting on our dropbox right now, and I’ll probably be posting that tomorrow evening.  After that, I’ll probably take a break for a couple of days because to be honest, scanlating off a laptop is uncomfortable and takes twice as long as on a desktop. Alas, I am stuck with this for the summer.

On the horizon is another oneshot by Yuya Hidekazu. Other things will be slow in coming for the next few days, as Umin is preparing to take a JPLT exam in the near future. Once that’s taken care of, we’ll finish up SZS and maybe (if we’re lucky), some Joshiraku. I’m sure Sly is also busy catering to fans of Fate/Kaleid by taking it easy~

Oyashiro

June 19, 2012

Subterranean Marriage Proof Blues (Hokkenshitsu 8)

by suimasenscans

Think of the things she could have said! THINK OF THE THINGS!

What happens when you say you’re married? How do you prove it? Especially when your students won’t take your proof as incontrovertible evidence? Sensei sort of has that problem. It only gets worse when she brings in what she thinks is her trump card.

>> Get Hokkenshitsu 8 Here <<

[Translator: Umin; Typesetter: Oyashiro; Proofreader: Bulan]

So we’re a couple of months behind on Hokkenshitsu, not to mention the months to years behind we are on other projects. Sly’s working full steam ahead on F/K, and is hoping to finish 2wei soon. We’ve also got a small army working on the final 10 chapters of SZS, so those should be done in the next couple of weeks.  Hopefully soon on the horizon are some chapters of Joshiraku and some of the other projects that have  sort of fallen by the wayside.

Oyashiro

June 16, 2012

Button-Down Girls (SZS 289)

by suimasenscans

The true face of positivism.

It’s graduation season for the girls (let’s forget we skipped ahead 13 chapters for the moment), and preparations for their big event are in full swing. Everyone’s busy, especially Ookusa-san, who’s job is to make second buttons for high school uniforms. Discussion ensues about objects that need to be in a certain place to live up to their names. And nipple-pinching. Don’t forget the nipple-pinching.

>> Get SZS 289 Here <<

>> TL Notes <<

[Translator: Umin; Typesetter: GreenT; Proofreader: Oyashiro]

I’ll be working on TL Notes for this, chapter 290, 292, 299 and 301 this morning. Chapter 290 will be along whenever I finish the proofread and Bulan gets around to finishing the QC. 291′s moving a little slow due to translation difficulty (i.e. the jokes are incomprehensible in any language other than Japanese). 292 may be out first, since Wutz already has most of it typeset. We’ll see from there. Once SZS is done, I don’t know what the situation is going to be. We may either help Sly out with F/K, or maybe turn our attentions to KK.

Oyashiro

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 62 other followers